Are you looking for the best broadhead for deer hunting? If so, check out this video from Seek One Productions where they put 13 of the best broadheads from 2020 to the test. In this video, you’ll see the guys put a combination of fixed blade and mechanical broadheads to the test to determine which broadheads they will be hunting with this season.
Here’s how it works. First, they spin test each broadhead for straightness. Second, they measured the weight of each broadhead to check for any variances among each model. Once the broadheads were inspected and checked for consistency in the manufacturing/assembly process, the broadheads were subjected to multiple field trials that you’ll enjoy watching.
During the field tests, each broadhead was subjected to a variety of penetration and durability tests, including a ballistics gel test that you have to watch! It looks like the Seek One guys had a lot of fun with the testing process and if you’re smart, you’ll watch this video and make your own decision based on their results. This video verified my own personal field tests with a couple of the broadheads that they utilized in the video actually.
Below is a list of the broadheads that were utilized in the test but you’ll have to watch their video to see the results of the test. If you’re interested in a particular broadhead shown in the video, simply follow the link provided to an online retailer. If you have any questions or trouble finding a particular product that you’re interested in, reach out and Hunting Gear Deals will try to find you a good deal!
- Ultra-sharp and strong 3-blade broadhead from Muzzy
- Hybrid chisel/cut-on-contact tip
- Durable 1-piece machined stainless steel ferrule
- Strong and sharp .046″-thick blades
- Can be resharpened on a flat stone
- .180 square inches (the largest cutting surface area of any other broadhead)
- 100 & 125 Grain Cut Diameter: .910 inches
- 4140 alloy steel hardened to Rockwell RC: 52
- Can be easily field sharpened flat on a stone and reused.
- Designed and manufactured in the USA.
Details: Made here in the USA and machined from one piece of 100% steel for maximum strength.
- Cut-on-contact – tanto point
- Two blade
- 125 grain and higher
- Teflon coated.
- 25° bevel for bone splitting penetration.
- Hardend to 55HRC
Iron Will has different options, so here’s a description of each model they currently offer:
- Wide Series Broadheads: For bigger entry and exit holes and flowing blood trails. Ideal for shots 50 yards and under on medium-sized game like deer and black bear.
- S Series Broadheads: Solid blade for a quiet flight and unwavering strength. Ideal for achieving maximum penetration on unsuspecting large game like elk and moose.
- V Series Broadheads: Vented blade makes this our most forgiving broadhead for excellent long-range flight. Engineered to hit the mark with maximum penetration on large game animals like elk and moose.
- Buff Series Broadheads: Solid two-blade broadhead with no bleeder blades for unrivaled strength and extreme penetration on the very largest game like Cape Buffalo.
- X Series Crossbow Broadheads: Precision engineered with high impact-strength materials for superb flight and maximum penetration from modern high-speed crossbows.
Hunting Gear Deals is funded by affiliate commissions. We may receive a small commission when you buy from our partners using the links provided. There is no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting us by using our links when making your purchases.
So which broadhead will you be taking to the whitetail woods this fall?